Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ladies Ride Labor Day

So nobody knows labor better than women, so we scheduled a Labor Day Ladies Ride. Eight of us took off from Gelson's heading for 7-minute hill. Jan did a great job picking the route, leading us out and making stops at appropriate places.

For some of our riders it was a rest day/easy ride, others a chance for their longest ride, and for me a chance to test my hard training work against the real women of cycling. We all had one thing in common...PINK; we were definitely well dressed and I've never seen more happy male cyclists in all my rides:)

We had one person who showed up but didn't finish--I won't elaborate, but thanks to L's hubby she got in the car and got a ride home...probably saved all of our lives.

All in all it was really fun. I hope we can do it again.
RL
next time I'll take a photo:)

No comments: