Monday, September 29, 2008

Yerba Buena

So after being deathly ill, I managed to pull off the biggest climb of the year: Yerba Buena. 10 miles of up and up and up. The road was brutally rough, with cracks that swallowed my skinny tires and bumps that made my bladder scream for help.

The view from the top was of course amazing, but there was no time to stop for a photo. The entourage was already at the top and I have no idea how long they had been waiting, but it must have been a while.

It took nearly 2 hours to complete the climb with the overall 45 mile ride time being 4 hrs 30 minutes. 4000 ft of climbing and I burned off 2200 calories.

The good news is that this ride completes my summer goals of coastal climbs;
Latigo
Decker
Fernwood
Topanga
Mulholland
Encinal
Yerba Buena
Stunt
Piuma
7 minute hill

My coach said no champagne--haha I'm definitely celebrating
rl

No comments: