Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wheels, wheels and more wheels

I went to the Carp Tri to cheer on some riders with a friend. It was cold, foggy and wet...did I mention cold! I could not warm up and my glasses kept fogging up--I was dreaming of a fireplace and big hot chocolate, maybe a baileys. After lagging behind up a hill my friend swapped my wheels for his tubulars and wow-- a monster was born.

Even though the wheels weren't matched quite well with my brake pads, I noticed a difference right away. It was like rolling on ice; really smooth.

Since then I've tried several other kinds and researched more...I definitely will be lighter and able to climb better with a new wheel set....of course they will be great on my new bike. Tha is if I can ever decide on one.

Last night I used zipp 404 which I will take with me to the Time Trial this weekend in San Diego. Don't know if it will make me faster but I will look cool.

Three days to go....wish me luck; I need to ride 20 K faster than 44:56 to be happy
RaeLynn

No comments: