Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rock Store Moments

I love my gal Sheri's Wednesday afternoon rides. The ladies are great and occasionally some boys join us too...like tonight Robb rode along. We meet at Bad ASS of course and there's always the route discussion..where to go, is there a hill, what time to the kids have to be picked up, etc. I love to suggest Rock Store every week...it gets the discussion fired up and always I'm shot down...but not tonight; Sheri was leading the push to Rock Store and I was all for it. Jeanne and Laura had never been so the timing was perfect. No traffic, late date, it was cool (cold for me) and the only sunny spot was at the top of the climb, so we rode to the sun:)
After yesterday's intervals and a twig in my chain I was shot out the back like a cannon...it was great though, they were going for it and I could hear them laughing and talking and encouraging one another.
This is the great thing about ladies rides...the fun. Even when I've raced I've noticed is that women talk more...imagine that....they cheer and hoot and really get into it. They compete and they want to be first, but are not sore losers and they cheer for the last gal up as much as for the first!
It's rides like Sheri's that remind me to have fun on my bike, turn off the GPS & HR, laugh, enjoy, and just ride; it's not always a race...and most importantly that lip gloss in your toolbag is okay, but remember to re-gloss at the top of the climb:)
If you must suffer---at least look good...
RL

Photo provided by Laura...

No comments: