Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pre-race jitters

This is my first season racing and so far it's been a lot of hard work, great fun and few big disappointments. As I approach my next race; the SLO Road Race I am once again competing in an event that is unlike any of the others. This time I will race the Masters class 35+, we will race with 3/4 but be scored separately. This is a one day race. The course is a 7 mile lap (we do 5 laps), with a hill of 600 ft at mile 1.5 to mile 3 than downhill from there.
My goal is to manage to stay on the wheel of the peloton and not get dropped. With this course description that could be hard. I need to be with the pack at the top of that hill, if I'm dropped on the downhill the peloton will build up so much speed I'll never catch up.
So I need to:
Grab a wheel and stick.
Grab a wheel and stick.
Grab a wheel and stick.
and don't crash...
wish me luck:)
RL

No comments: