Friday, July 3, 2009

SLO Road Race

I feel pretty good for this race. I would have liked to be a few pounds lighter but that won't make or break anything for me. This past week I spent tapering my training and getting plenty of rest as well as staying hydrated. I have never done a one day RR, so it will be interesting to see how I do mentally and physically. I am racing the Master class here, but judging by the registered ladies, they are hardcore, some Pro 1 last year that must be "young" enough for Master this year. It's probably going to be the hardest 35 miles I've ever ridden...however I had one of my best rides up here in San Luis and got a 22 mile break-away, so I'm going to put my mind where it was that day and fight to stay in/on the peloton's wheel.
One thing is certain: with each race I learn a lot,have always achieved some sort of Personal best, meet new friends and leave it looking forward to the next...what more could a girl ask for?
So let's hope for fireworks from these legs and lungs:)
RaeLynn

No comments: