Monday, June 9, 2008

Palos Verdes









Was in Palos Verdes this weekend so I decided to set off on a ride around the Pennisula. You can see from the photos it's a beautiful spot, ocean views and a great breeze.
I started a bit late since I had a morning meeting. This area is definitely one to cycle early in the morning because there was ALOT of traffic. Fast traffic too. It was definitely nerve racking so I decided to venture off the route, toward the cliffs and ocean to relax. This was great, except that it meant I was lost all day--not to worry I met so many lost cyclists one could have made a killing selling the Garmin 705 on the sidewalk. It was quite hilarious since we were all supposedly going in a circle...
Many of the cyclists were quite concerned with the hills. I kept being warned; don't go that way there's a big hill. Never did hit anything that seemed like a big hill compared to here. I hope that means I'm getting stronger:)
At any rate I did make it back safely and I would like to return and ride this with friends early morning. Really nice folks in Palos Verdes and a great little coffee shop called the Coffee Cartel.

RL

No comments: