Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lovely Latigo




Today I climbed Latigo from the PCH. What an amazing view. I've been warned about this climb so much I thought I might never try it. What I found out is that it's a great climb:) Yes it's long, but not as steep a grade as some others...I'm sure it would be a bear to race up, but I'm enjoying the journey.

I kept my heart rate under max and trained at a lower instensity, which is supposed to help me gain speed. It's counter-intuitive, but I have this knowledge from someone who knows, so I'm sticking to it.

The PCH part definitely sucks and that short section definitely raised my adrenalin levels because of the traffic; it's a wide bike lane, but the vehicles just whiz by so fast....uggh

Here's a couple of views looking down at the road I climbed up from.
RL

No comments: