Friday, April 11, 2008

D-Day


D (in photo) had the day off today, so we made an early morning meet time at the shop and headed to Rock Store. I didn't get many miles in this week and was really looking forward to a good climb. Also, the weather was once again perfect for the Rock--no wind, lots of sun.


We met at the shop and after the usual girl gossip and catch up (long time, no see) we started the climb. I kept on climbing as D made a pit stop to fix her derailler. It was awesome and this was the first time I ever was able to talk on the way up:); usually I just suck wind.


28 minutes later, we were at the top enjoying the view. After a short breather, we rocketed (ok D rocketed-I was cautious, but faster than usual) down Decker. We were met by Ronny-a Cat 2 racer D knew and he rode along for a while--amazing he's a Cat 2 and only been riding a year--makes me think I really suck. Super nice fellow though.
Returned to the shop then back to work--ugghhh! All good things come to an end.

No comments: