Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Friends take the stress out of life

There's nothing better when you're totally stressed out than a phone call from a great friend your haven't seen in a while saying "I'm in town." That's what happened last night. I was getting my hair done--short summer fringe and lots of blonde highlights, when Robb called and said the Fezz was in town. We hadn't seen him since Valle, so I was so excited to hear of his adventures to the Grenadas and Brazil.
We met at a restaurant/bar in Simi called Limon--strange atmosphere, but the food and the drinks were good. As always the Fezz had his big beautiful smile on and we fell into a mix of stories, wishes, dreams, upcoming events and a dash of the current life stresses thrown into the conversation.
Fezz and Robb are going to the Rat Race paragliding competition...I wasn't going to go this year, but I'm reconsidering since Fezz has a friend that cycles and doesn't fly who might be attending. Someone to ride with would make it worth going; I would love to ride there, but a woman alone on strange roads--kind of scary. Also, Fezz said his friend (R?) loves to pull--my kinda of riding partner; just hope I can keep up.
At any rate it was really fun; especially checking out the urban assault vehicle--Fezz has that dialed in; xbox, dvd, big screen, wireless, rock band, micro, fridge, you name it. Totally pimped.
Two days til my niece and her friend arrive for spring break, seven days to novel deadline.
Yikes.

No comments: