Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mother Nature is a bitch

Robb and I decided to join the Sunday Social ride today. It was a good size group of riders so we headed out to Malibu lake via Cornell. The day was heating up fast as the sun made toast of our skin. Naturally I fell off the back, but the group waited--their recovery pace is my training pace....

I started to get a bit frustrated. It seems I never get faster, even with all of my training. Then to top off my frustration my GPS quits again! I'm going to call Garmin Monday; that thing is defective.

Robb seemed to be enjoying his new Orca as he rode at the front of the pack. We rode out Westlake to Carlisyle Canyon; a new spot for me and it wasn't until we were half way there that I realized Robb had taken a different route. Oh well, I was committed so he'd just have to wait for me to get back.

It was a beautiful 5 mile addition to the ride. It's one of those areas where you realize some people's pets live better than humans. The Chu had also caught up with our ride so she and I exchanged water for gu and caught up to the others.

Unfortunately, mother nature struck next and I had to stop and call Robb to pick me up on the last mile of the route. Too embarassed to return to the car like that; what a bitch.

I missed the "social" part of the ride and I was so looking forward to a bagel slathered in cream cheese:(

No comments: