Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Orca, The Diva, The Dama

Robb picked up the rocketship tonight and got fitted at the shop. The Chu met us and off we went for a sunset ride around Westlake. It was slightly windy and a bit chilly but we warmed up after a few. It was team Orbea with Robb in lead on the Orca, The Chu next on her sexy Diva and then me in the back (always) on the Dama. Red/White/Pink bikes; bright yellow jackets. At least we could be seen--here in CA traffic that's an important part of cycling.


My legs were sluggish for the first few miles; still recovering from the Time Trial, so I went at recovery pace and let the Diva and the Orca duke it out--they both love the competition; I'm happy with my own personal race.


Biggest bummer was forgetting my Garmin 305--no stats (it tells me cadence/speed/HR/elevation/etc.) Oh well, I got over it and just rode. The route is really easy and I didn't need to stop--good thing because the Chu doesn't like to wait.


I watched Robb motor up the hills with little effort and I was a little jealous--not of the bike --but his ability. Even the best bike wouldn't make me ride like him. His calves/legs are sooo strong. He was so happy::)) today; a nooner, a new bike, two hot chicks to ride with...it's a man's world--well, at least we ladies will let him think so.

No comments: