Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Hour Ride

My hubby, Honn, The Chu and I skipped out of work earty to meet at Bad Ass Coffee for an evening Rock Store climb. It was Robb's first time to the Rock. It was raining when we left our house--really strange, but Westlake was clear.
As usual I started off a bit slow needing my 3 mile warm-up, but by Cornell I started to feel better. At the 4 way stop I peeled off my base layer and sleeves, did some GU shots and we started around the lake.
The boys were ahead, then the Chu, then me at the rear. When Chu and I made it to the Rock Store the guys were up ahead resting.
We all started the climb at 5:55. Slowly, slowly The Chu and I went. Robb and Honn were way ahead.
Honn did his first run up in 15, then rode back down and encouraged me up to the top--love that about him and it made that last leg easier for me:) Robb made it up in 18 minutes (amazing for a virgin) and The Chu and I at about 26-27 minutes.
Took some pics at the top (will post when The Chu sends them). Made our way past the winery and over to Decker with plenty of light left in the day. Then a stop to check out the camels. Robb had an exciting descent; locking up his breaks--needs to get used to the responsiveness of that new rocketship he's riding. I went down slow and was nearly pushed into the hill by a wind gust...scared me! The Chu was waiting for me at the bottom and it felt so good to see her there.
I had so much fun riding with The Chu again; it's been awhile. Of course, Honn and my hubby top it off as the perfect group.
All in all it was a great ride: A-man will be jealous as he had a family thing and couldn't join us.
We joined Jan's picnic after the ride for a bit of wine, cheese and fruit.
Lots of fun on bikes.
RL

No comments: