Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What am I doing?

Ever had those days when all the voices in your head are screaming...today was that day for me.

Today I was on my way to ride and as I filled my tires with air-wham, sheared off the valve. Damn. So I made a quick jaunt to the shop and begged the guys to fix it up; which they did. Ended up later than I wanted to start, so I just rode from there, did some hill intervals and found myself really wishing I had my Garmin. (Sent it back for repair, so 10-14 days w/o-ugggh).

My head was a real mess of confusion and the ride did me good. I think I figured out why I'm so frustrated...I need a new goal. First I was training for distance, then speed, then the century, then the time trial, then Rock Store, and now--nothing. I never do well without a plan.

I've got to figure out what's next and write it down. I think I want to lean down and build muscle for speed. I'm going to have to ask for some advice. I want to do all the coastal routes too, but I'm afraid of the PCH.

I need some chocolate cake.
RL

No comments: