Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 2






Wow this first day of riding was amazing. Incredibly hard at first riding--- along the Salt Lake on the flats in the headwind. I stayed in my own tempo....listening to my super powers within that kept reminding me not to blow it all on day 1. Saw many who might not feel so great tomorrow.... but I think everyone had an awesome day. I managed 80 fantastic miles before the sweep vehicle took us off the climb... pretty much everyone picked up did not want to get in, but as we drove the final 8 miles of the climb everyone agreed it was time to go. Dinner was waiting! Western Spirit is fixing our fantasic meals...tonight's curry chicken hit the spot. Specialized provided amazing support for the ride and yes I'll admit it... those boys (Nic/Glen) and girls (Kim) pushed me, let me suck a wheel, motopaced, whatever it took to get me home and we had FUN on 2 WHEELS::)))

Special shout out to THEQUEENOFPAIN who absolutely amazed me and to PATTY from Action Wheels the Jersey girl that kicks ass!And of course Doug for the oh so needed massage.

Here are a few pictures of the day:
thanks to Patty for the start pic of me...scared to death!(at bottom of page)

a cow that looked like "is this the SAG wagon"..she didn't want to move off the road at all

Mr. Young Sinyard on his FABU pink bike

My roomie Patty from Action Wheels NJ (first pic)

The lake view

No comments: