Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Endings are new beginnings #ride2vegas


Well I've put off writing that final blog long enough. I hate endings of any kind. I knew it was inevitable and the Specialized Ride to Vegas eventually did end some 500+ miles from Salt Lake city at Treasure Island in Las Vegas.

The journey was incredible. The people were as individual as snowflakes It certainly has changed me and I have many new friendships that I look forward to seeing grow over the upcoming years.

I have also gained a great amount of strength and learned a few things along the way. That growth and awareness came from the graciousness of the other riders, staff, coaches, soigneurs,chefs, drivers, mechanics, guides and the Specialized crew who without their attention to detail this would not have happened.

My thanks goes out to all with a few specifics I would be remiss if I didn't mention...

Nancy--Leader extraordinaire who executed a perfect event with a smile regardless of the stress she must have been under. Thank you for allowing me to participate.
Kim--congrats on your 1st century and for the invite to join you on this and so many other journeys. Love what you do for women's cycling.
Nic--For your smile, encouragement and endless ability to make me laugh--pure awesomeness.
Western Spirits--thank you for every perfecly poured cup of coffee, delicious meals, guidance on the road, sharing your gloves and your staff to lead a helping hand. I look forward to working with you again.
Ben Capron--for your warmth and willingness to help in Brian's Head. I will forever appreciate that.
Patty--my roomie and guiding angel; thank you for all your help, easing my fears and fun along the ride. You amaze me as a rider, a shop owner and a woman.
Rebecca--for the pushes along the way that made me a stronger rider, for encouraging me and for being such a fun, down to earth person to hang with. I know we will see each other again...thanks also for letting Greg pull me along:)
Sal-- my faithful domestique, soul friend and gifted conversationalist; I miss you already.
Dougie T--for the great massage that kept me going and your coaching advice along the way which helped so much!
Troy-- soigneur who not only gives a great massage but sacrifices his sweatshirt on the coldest day..you rock
Patrick--for the great chance to share toughts and ideas along the way, it was fun.
Anthony--For letting me admire your pink bike everyday, I look forward to seeing what your future brings.
Robert--I am happy to have been a part of the Right to Play/First Gear movement; it's great work lead by great people.
Glen--for always being there and guiding us on this amazing route.
Michael @Velodramatic, for the incredible memories and so much more.
Ryan--for keeping our bikes working perfectly every moment and putting up with my "techie blonde" questions

To my boss and editor, Zap, for being too busy to ride this and giving me the chance to participate--you are twice the lady I am::))

Much thanks goes to the sponsors of this event: Specialized, Skins, Hammer Nutrition,Beyond Coastal, Dermatone, Action Wipes, Veloshine.

Mike Sinyard--I hope someday we will meet, thank you for what you have built.



To the big dogs of the Peloton; Joe, Chris, Anthony, Johnny, Doug, Shane, Ben, Dan, Glenn, John, John, Greg, Mark and everyone else--thank you for leading me in to the FINISH LINE, it was an honor.

No comments: